2. Because lots of people fail at their first real job.
3. Because the country is ready for its first black former president.
4. Joe Biden.
5. Because he didn’t quite get the message in 2010.
6. For saying he would cut the deficit in half.
7. For blaming Bush.
8. For blaming headwinds.
9. For blaming Japanese earthquakes.
10. Because he listened to Pastor Wright’s crackpot racist diatribes for 20 years and then gave us a lecture on racism.
11. For ignoring his own deficit commission.
12. For 613 new federal rules in the first 33 months of his presidency.
13. “The private sector is doing fine.”
14. Because the private sector is not doing fine.
15. Because he promised to go “line by line” through legislation.
16. He didn’t go line by line through legislation, and with ObamaCare he didn’t go through it at all.
17. So you’ll be able to criticize a president again without being called a racist.
18. Because he demonizes the free market.
19. Because he’s on the same team as Nancy Pelosi.
20. ObamaCare wasn’t going to add “one dime” to the deficit.
21. It will add 10 million tons of dimes to the deficit.
22. Because 83 percent of doctors say they will consider quitting by the time ObamaCare goes into effect.
23. Breaking promises about medical marijuana.
24. Record spending on the failed War on Drugs.
25. So kids will know again that it’s okay to succeed.
26. Because the U.S. now owes more in net unfunded liabilities than the combined net worth of the planet.
27. Obama’s proposed budget received no votes at all in 2011. Even from Democrats.
28. Obama’s proposed budget received no votes at all in 2012. Even from Democrats.
29. Because he has no plan but he knows he does not like yours.
30. We’re behind Canada on the Index of Economic Freedom.
31. For pretending to be against outsourcing.
32. For not knowing the difference between outsourcing and offshoring.
33. The Rule of Law.
34. The Constitution.
35. He values “empathy” over “abstract legal theory,” a.k.a. the law.
36. He considers the Warren Court to have been a failure because it did not achieve “redistribution of wealth.”
37. Attorney General Eric Holder.
38. Supreme Court Justice Eric Holder?
39. Opposing voter ID, which even Mexico requires.
40. The DOJ blocked a voter-ID law in South Carolina even though the state would provide the IDs for free.
41. “I am president. I am not king. I can’t do these things by myself.”
42. The DREAM Act executive order.
43. Gutting the 1996 Welfare Reform Act.
44. “The War on Women.”
45. Saying there is a crisis in “access to contraception” when Walmart sells the pill for $9 a month.
46. Phoning Sandra Fluke.
47. “If I had a son, he’d look like Travon.”
48. The apology tour.
49. The Nobel Peace Prize. Really?
50. Bowing before the king of Saudi Arabia.
51. Bowing before the emperor of Japan.
52. Bowing before every union boss in the universe.
53. “Leading from behind.”
54. Politically correct taboos against the use of the term “radical Islam.”
55. Blocking the Keystone Pipeline.
56. Gas prices up 100 percent since inauguration day.
57. The Communist Party endorsed him.
58. Desire to “fundamentally transform” America.
59. Saying Occupy Wall Street “expresses the frustrations that American people feel.”
60. Telling Occupiers, “You’re the reason I ran for office.”
61. Giving his first official television interview to Al-Arabiya.
62. The TSA touches our crotches.
63. Because the vaunted intellectual speaks fewer languages than George W. Bush.
64. Accusing Mitt Romney of killing a woman.
65. “I am a strong supporter of affirmative action.”
66. Because you did build that.
* * * *
(Excerpted and slightly altered from an article titled 689 Reasons to Defeat Barack Obama by Roman Glenn in The National Review.)
(Note: If some of the items make no sense to you, I recommend that you pay closer attention to current events.)