WE’RE A HEALTH-conscious couple, and we watch what we eat. It’s partly why we are so slim and beautiful.
Although we love waffles, we rarely eat them because they are not healthy. However, special occasions call for celebration, and we decided Wednesday morning to breakfast on waffles, a Trump fiesta with Canadian maple syrup.
However, just as my child bride was about to turn on the blender and waffle iron, the electricity went out, and it stayed out for an hour due to work in the street.
So we ate the usual cereal, but with a grin. At least I was grinning. My lovely companion still is uncertain about Trump, being Mexican and listening to Mexican news sources, which are just as left-wing as CNN and MSNBC.
There is no Mexican version of Fox or Breitbart.
However, she’s as conservative as I am, and she knows that I always know best, so she’s coming around, slowly.
Mexico has focused entirely on Trump’s border wall and his sometimes ill-phrased statements about Mexicans.
They know nothing about other U.S. issues like tax cuts, veterans’ matters, federal debt, entitlements, BLM, Islamic terrorism, Mohammedan “refugees,” safe spaces, PC lunacy, Common Core, joblessness and so on.
Alas, to Mexicans, it’s all about them and their God-given right to sneak across the border whenever they feel like it.
Our waffle extravaganza was delayed one day, but not canceled. We waffled our hearts out yesterday instead.
Like election night, it was very tasty.
* * * *
- A guy named Jerry Kang, who is UCLA’s vice chancellor for “equity, diversity and inclusion,” held an event last night to process the shocking election results.
- At Cornell University, a “cry-in” was held on the Quad. “I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one snowflake opined.
- Thousands of poor losers blocked the entrance to Trump Tower in Chicago. They said they are against fascism, racism and war. Where this stuff is breaking out in the wake of the election is not clear.
- Snowflake high school students and teachers, about 1,500 of them, staged a walkout Wednesday in California to protest Trump’s fair-and-square election victory. They’re just not gonna take it, you hear?
- In New York, thousands of leftists took to the streets howling obscenities about Trump’s victory, “rape culture,” racism and all that silly razzmatazz.
I remember the day following the shocking (to conservatives) re-election in 2012 of Weepy Barry.
We were gobsmacked!
But did we stage cry-ins? Did we block entrances to buildings? Did Republican ghetto-dwellers riot in the streets, as happened in Oakland after the Trump victory?
Of course not. We just hoped for a better day.
And here it is!