This morning I read a post from a left-wing blogger, a Cuban immigrant to the United States who’s now retired and living in the Gringo haven of San Miguel de Allende.
He will remain unnamed to avoid embarrassing him.
It was the same old stuff. Trump is a racist, misogynist, hater of gays, fascist, well, you know the long, familiar, silly list. And that Trump’s election spells the end of days.
The Earth has veered off course.
All of these epithets, of course, fly directly in the face of reality. Trump waved the Rainbow Flag during the campaign, never uttered a word against women or minorities,* but leftists have become so accustomed to hurling epithets that they simply don’t know how to apply the brakes.
It’s what they are: profanity, epithets and violence. It is the logical result of the politically correct obsession.
Trump, a guy from Queens, ran a bare-knuckle campaign, and it worked. Four years ago, Romney ran a cocktail-party campaign, and he lost. You cannot be polite facing today’s “Democrat” Party and have a prayer of winning.
After Nov. 8, Trump immediately halted the bare-knuckles approach, and now comports himself as a statesman. Polls indicate his likability has risen since his victory.
He’s named two women,** one a “minority,” to his Cabinet so far. There goes the misogyny and xenophobia.
Ben Carson may be the HUD secretary. There goes the racism. And if he does not name Carson, he will include blacks in his administration. Trust me.
But many Hillary lovers continue to behave in the manner you see at the top here, if not literally, then by word.
Today is Thanksgiving in the United States. Let us be thankful that Donald Trump won the election instead of the woman beloved by the thugs in the drawing above.
I leave you with Trump’s holiday message to the nation. It is a message of unity. Imagine that.
* Illegal aliens are not U.S. minorities. Almost all come from Latin America where they are the majority. In the United States, they are simply law-breakers.
** Nikki Haley, designated U.N. ambassador, is the daughter of Sikh immigrants. Betsy DeVos, a champion of charter schools, is the Education Department choice.
WE’RE A HEALTH-conscious couple, and we watch what we eat. It’s partly why we are so slim and beautiful.
Although we love waffles, we rarely eat them because they are not healthy. However, special occasions call for celebration, and we decided Wednesday morning to breakfast on waffles, a Trump fiesta with Canadian maple syrup.
However, just as my child bride was about to turn on the blender and waffle iron, the electricity went out, and it stayed out for an hour due to work in the street.
So we ate the usual cereal, but with a grin. At least I was grinning. My lovely companion still is uncertain about Trump, being Mexican and listening to Mexican news sources, which are just as left-wing as CNN and MSNBC.
There is no Mexican version of Fox or Breitbart.
However, she’s as conservative as I am, and she knows that I always know best, so she’s coming around, slowly.
Mexico has focused entirely on Trump’s border wall and his sometimes ill-phrased statements about Mexicans.
They know nothing about other U.S. issues like tax cuts, veterans’ matters, federal debt, entitlements, BLM, Islamic terrorism, Mohammedan “refugees,” safe spaces, PC lunacy, Common Core, joblessness and so on.
Alas, to Mexicans, it’s all about them and their God-given right to sneak across the border whenever they feel like it.
Our waffle extravaganza was delayed one day, but not canceled. We waffled our hearts out yesterday instead.
Like election night, it was very tasty.
* * * *
- A guy named Jerry Kang, who is UCLA’s vice chancellor for “equity, diversity and inclusion,” held an event last night to process the shocking election results.
- At Cornell University, a “cry-in” was held on the Quad. “I’m quite terrified, honestly,” one snowflake opined.
- Thousands of poor losers blocked the entrance to Trump Tower in Chicago. They said they are against fascism, racism and war. Where this stuff is breaking out in the wake of the election is not clear.
- Snowflake high school students and teachers, about 1,500 of them, staged a walkout Wednesday in California to protest Trump’s fair-and-square election victory. They’re just not gonna take it, you hear?
- In New York, thousands of leftists took to the streets howling obscenities about Trump’s victory, “rape culture,” racism and all that silly razzmatazz.
I remember the day following the shocking (to conservatives) re-election in 2012 of Weepy Barry.
We were gobsmacked!
But did we stage cry-ins? Did we block entrances to buildings? Did Republican ghetto-dwellers riot in the streets, as happened in Oakland after the Trump victory?
Of course not. We just hoped for a better day.
And here it is!
BILL WHITTLE does it again.
Let’s give him a warm Moon welcome. Let him feel the love!