I’M A FAN OF border walls as long as they are walls to keep people out, not to keep people in, which is like a prison wall.
Do you lock your house doors at night? Sure you do. You don’t want strangers sneaking in while you snooze.
There are already many miles of walls along the southern border of the United States, so Trump’s vow to build a wall was, to a great extent, pure campaign blather.
All nations need to control their borders, and the more successful nations are in particular need of walls. The United States has been very successful, so it definitely needs walls.
Mexico is successful too in comparison with nations to its south, so a high wall along our border with Central America is very advisable. Alas, we have not built that wall.
Some people say walls don’t work, which is silly. After Israel built a wall to keep out wily Palestinians, the mayhem that Palestinians so love plummeted. Walls work.
The video illustrates beautifully how a nice, high wall along a particularly enticing stretch of the California-Mexico border reduced crime and other problems immensely.
San Diego’s wall works wonders.
Walls are sweet. Around your house. Around your nation.
HERE’S HOW I see Trump’s work so far:
- Healthcare reform. Grade of D. Going along with Paul Ryan’s dusting off his crappy, old proposal was a rookie move. Back to the drawing board, Don. Jeez.
- Muslim Brotherhood. Grade of F. Going wishy-washy on the terrorist designation is ridiculous and dangerous. I mean, really. They’re Mohammedans.
- Pipelines. Grade of A+. Opening the Dakota and Keystone pipelines is great. Jobs. Energy. What’s not to like?
- Israel. Grade of A+. Supporting the sole democracy in the Middle East, a place where women walk free, unmasked and heavily armed is the proverbial no-brainer, just the opposite of Weepy Barry’s abominable stance.
- Supreme Court. Grade of A+. Nomination of Neil Gorsuch is excellent. May other nominations be of equal caliber.
- Terrorist nations. Grade of A. Beefing up security regarding visitors from known terror nations is common sense. That hippie judges are blocking it is absurd.
- Border wall. Grade of A. He’ll get an A+ when the wall is complete. All nations should protect their borders.
- Federal regulations. Grade of A+. Trump has ordered that for every new federal regulation, two existing ones must be eliminated. It’s difficult to praise this too much.
- Hiring freeze. Grade of A+. Trump has put a freeze on hiring new civilian federal employees. There are some exceptions. This will slow governmental bloat.
- Blocking Hillary. Grade of double-A+. Keeping the Clintons from returning to the White House may be Trump’s greatest accomplishment of all.
11. Shock value. Triple-A-Plus. The Trump presidency has leftists in a state of perpetual horror. You can hardly put a high enough value on that. We’ve never seen their favored epithets of racist and sexist regurgitated so frequently.
PRESIDENT TRUMP came out of the gate like gangbusters during his first week in office. Kudos to him!
He restrained the ham-fisted leftists running the Environmental Protection Agency. He cut off federal aid to law-flaunting leftists running Sanctuary Cities.
He canceled the cash that left-wing Barry had funneled in his waning White House days to Palestinian terrorists.
He revived the Keystone Pipeline. He canceled the horrendous Catch-and-Release policy for illegals.
And Trump declared Israel great again, reversing Barry’s leftist, anti-Semitic tomfoolery.
But there’s one very dumb thing my boy Donald is doing: this business about Mexico paying for a border wall.
Did Israel demand that Mohammedans pay for the walls it’s erected? Lots of good it would have done.
Do you expect your next-door neighbor to buy the deadbolt for your house’s front door?
Nations who want to secure their borders, and all nations should, especially successful ones, must finance their border walls themselves.
That Mexico would pay for the wall was a good campaign slogan, appealing to low-information voters. But the campaign is over. Extend the wall, but don’t expect Mexico to pay for it, and don’t force it via other means.
Keeping your house locked is your own responsibility.
And Mexico should build a wall on its southern border. Don’t expect Guatemala to pay for it.