Donald Trump was not my first choice during the Republican primaries in 2016. Ted Cruz was, and I still think Cruz would make a superlative president. Maybe in 2024. My fingers are crossed. He’s as pugilistic as Trump.
But I quickly came to love and admire Trump after he took office. I believe him to be one of the best presidents in U.S. history, especially if you consider the challenging times in which we now live. In my mind, Trump is tied with Abraham Lincoln.
The accomplishments of the Trump Administration are legion. I’m not going to write a long list here. However, if you’re interested, just do an internet search. But below is a short list of my favorites. Before I do that, however, I will point you to an article in The American Mind, a publication of the Claremont Institute.
They cite what they consider his greatest achievement, that he exposed the corruption of the American ruling class. And he surely did, which explains the ongoing venom he faced throughout his four years in office from the “powers that be,” the powers that, seeing their last chance to avoid another four years, blatantly blocked his reelection.
Here are just a few of my favorite Trump accomplishments:
- Thriving economy.
- Trade deal that replaced NAFTA.
- Departing the ill-conceived Paris Climate Accords.
- Low jobless rate, for blacks the lowest in half a century.
- Tax cuts, both for individuals and businesses. Yes, spending cuts were needed too.
- Slashing regulations. Hard to overstate the importance of this one.
- Increased border security.
- Increased military spending.
- Embrace of Israel, the only Mideast nation where women walk free.
- Putting China in its place.
- Mideast peace agreements.
- Not one new foreign war.
- American energy independence.
- End of ISIS.
- Not so much an accomplishment as recognition of accomplishments were the five Nobel Peace Prize nominations. Five, count ’em.
If you’re a Democrat Socialist you’re unaware of these things because your “news sources” never mentioned them.
President Trump is one of a kind, in a very good way. America will be far worse off without him at the helm, punching the politically correct in the nose every darn day.