With our nightly salads around 8ish, we relax in our recliners and watch Netflix. Just recently we’ve begun a new series. It’s called New Amsterdam, which is the name of a fictional New York hospital lightly based on the real Bellevue.
It’s a pretty good series, a medical drama, better than average, which is why I have not deep-sixed the damn thing because the Woke level is beyond belief.
There is no leftist obsession that New Amsterdam does not present in a deliberate and positive light. We are halfway through the first season of 22 shows, so they’ve plenty of time to insert more nincompoopery. It’s so in-your-face that I began a list to avoid overlooking anything. I share with you:
- The election of Obama in 2008 was a glorious event.
- Interracial relationships are common and best.
- Gay couples are everywhere.
- Gay couples with adopted Asian children.
- Police target blacks often and on purpose.
- Abortion is great.
- Unions are great.
- Lesbian cello players with heads shaved on one side. Great!
- Diversity! Diversity! Diversity!
- Toxic masculinity is dreadful.
- Sex-change surgery for minors is fine and dandy.*
And, as mentioned, we’re only halfway through the first season. Television shows and movies today are, of course, crammed with PC propaganda, but New Amsterdam takes it to an incredibly high level. Alas, it’s still an interesting story.
There is one puzzling thing. The lead character, a straight, white dude, is not married to a black woman. Nor is she Asian, Samoan, Aborigine or Eskimo. She’s white too!
It’s a shocking breach of the new norms.
Oddly, the show’s story lines, with the exception of the kid wanting a sex change, would not be altered in the slightest if all of the PC talking points were eliminated entirely. They are pure unnecessary propaganda.
* Alabama, to its great credit, recently made assisting sex changes for minors a felony with stiff prison terms. At least one other state is considering the same. Meanwhile, Biden has nominated a transsexual who supports sex changes for minors to a health post.